Installing IIS on Windows 2016
Internet Information Server (IIS) is included with Microsoft Windows 2016 and can be installed either during the installation of the operating system or afterwards. There are several IIS options that must be enabled in order for StaffMap to run. Do the following to ensure that all of these options are enabled.
- If Server Manager does not load automatically, click the Server Manager icon from the Windows Menu.
2. Click the Add roles and features link.
3. Ensure that Role-based or feature-based installation is selected on the 'Select Installation Type' screen and then click Next.
4. Ensure that Select a server from the server pool is selected on the 'Select destination server' screen and then click Next.
5. Select Web Server (IIS), then select Add Features
6. Select Next to advance from Server Roles screen.
7. Select Next to advance from the Features screen.
8. Select Next to advance through the IIS information screen.
9. Ensure that the following options are selected:
- Default Document
- HTTP Errors
- Static Content
- HTTP Redirection
- HTTP Logging
- Static Content Compression
- Request Filtering
- Windows Authentication
- .NET Extensibility 4.6
- Application Initialization
- ASP.NET 4.6
- ISAPI Extensions
- ISAPI filters
- IIS Management Console
10. Click Next, then Install to install the selected IIS options.