Active Directory Settings
Active Directory must be connected to StaffMap before initiating an import or syncing.
Setting Up Active Directory
- Open a StaffMap project.
- Open the Sidebar Menu and select Tools > Project > Import.
- Select either Import from AD, or Sync with AD.
3. If you're syncing or importing for the first time, you'll be taken directly to the Settings screen. Otherwise, click the blue Settings button for access.
5. Click the Test button next to the Server field to test the connection to the server. Click the Test button next to the Filter field to test the filter, and number of contacts found.
6. Click the Save button to commit any changes.
Importing/Syncing from an Organizational Unit(OU)
It is possible to search an OU through the server field.
- Obtain the distinguished name (DN) of the OU you would like to import users from. The DN will look similar to:
OU=NA, OU=Browselab, DC=test,DC=com
The DN must contain the base e.g. DC=test, DC=com.
2. Enter the DN into the Server field.